Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Industry Solutions helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
We are hiring across Hyderabad, Noida and Bangalore.
The Modern Work Domain within Industry Solutions helps customers maximize their investment in Microsoft 365 solutions and helps customers in providing productivity solutions on full portfolio of M365 products (Teams, SharePoint, Exchange, Yammer) to help them get work done in a faster, better and predictable way through accelerated implementation and adoption. The Modern Work Practice team is part of Industry Solutions, a global organization of exceptional people who lead and serve our customers and partners as they realize their full potential through software and services.
Working at Microsoft
We are part of a diverse and multi-cultural team of customer focused and results-driven influencers. With a growth mindset and collaboration at its core, the Industry Solutions Delivery Domain leverages the unique talents and skills of all individuals to drive success and deliver results.
This is your opportunity to work and learn with the foremost Microsoft Office 365 experts on a variety of projects, technologies, and geographies. At Microsoft you will be provided with a range of opportunities for professional and personal development across all our technologies and business. As a member of the Microsoft’s Modern Work Domain, you will work on the largest and most complex customer projects across locations that will make a real difference in millions of people’s lives
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. Our mission statement is a commitment to our customers. We deliver on that commitment by striving to create technology that is accessible to everyone. This is what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft, we also work to empower our employees, so that they can achieve more. Our leadership is focused on bringing out the best in our people, supporting their goals, and allowing them to find deep meaning in their work.
Growth mind-set: At Microsoft, we’re insatiably curious and continuously learning. We lean into uncertainty, take risks and learn fast from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together.
Customer obsessed: We are passionate about helping our customers achieve more. We listen and learn about our customers with a beginner’s mind; bringing solutions that meet their needs and innovation to surprise and delight them.
Diversity and inclusion: We don’t just value differences, we seek them out and invite them in. Microsoft is a place where employees can be who they are. As a result, we have better ideas, better products and our customers are better served.
One Microsoft: We are a family of individuals united by one mission. We work together, build on each other’s ideas and collaborate across boundaries to bring the best of Microsoft to our customers as one.
Making a difference: We stand in awe of what human’s dare to achieve and we are motivated every day to empower billions of people to achieve more through our technology and innovation. Our employees harness the power to build on the company’s far-reaching momentum and are driven to change the world.
We are committed to reinvent business processes and productivity, build the intelligent cloud platform and create more personal computing. These three goals are interconnected; allowing us to attract, develop and retain the best talent to be more innovative in the products and services we develop, in the way we solve problems, and in the way, we serve the needs of an increasingly global and diverse customer and partner base.
The Consultant Functions In
- Technical Delivery
- Participates and leads gathering of customer requirements and constraints.
- Participates in project planning and contributes to risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies.
- Communicates the business value of planned technology uses and deployments.
- Contributes to, and delivers against, a Work Breakdown Structure.
- Intellectual Property and Readiness
- Makes use of, and maintains, Microsoft’s Intellectual Property; creates new materials when needed.
- Learns and make us of modern technologies, services or approaches based on business demands and industry trends.
- Participates and contributes to internal/external community events.
- Engages in mentor/mentee relationships to enhance Microsoft’s professional/technical capabilities.
- Participates in the pre-sale process as needed. Helps scope the project by sharing customer or technical knowledge in their specialty domain by leveraging their expertise as a subject matter expert.
- Follows capacity process outlined by Global Capacity Management team. Maintains tools with up-to-date skills and availability.
- Participates in and/or may lead meetings with customers/partners to understand their business needs and/or scenario they are trying to solve. Uses business, technology, and industry strategies to define customer/partner requirements and constraints. Engages others appropriately to understand and define customer requirements.
- Supports project planning and the development of project documents by defining the risks and dependencies. Communicates the business value of planned solutions to customers/ partners with direction/guidance. Implements mitigations on technical and business risks. Manages their schedule and communicates to project leads. Delivers against Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Implements technical solutions by completing assigned project tasks with defined quality standards and following Microsoft Services processes. May oversee aspects of implementation.
- Proactively identifies issues and risks and engages with customers/partners or internal stakeholders (e.g., Project Managers) as appropriate to address and resolve issues.
- Proactively manages relationships with customers/partners/stakeholders to identify and contribute to the drivers of satisfaction and dissatisfaction, determine the root cause, and establish recovery actions to improve experience.
Intellectual Property Management
- Acts as an ambassador in consumption of intellectual property (IP) and leverages IP in projects. Proactively assists in the creation of intellection property content and seeks areas that are available for more IP. Communicates areas that need refreshing or gaps in intellectual property. Provides feedback for continuous improvement.
- Identifies opportunities to expand or accelerate the adoption and consumption of the cloud and Microsoft technologies.
- Learns new technologies or services based on business demands and industry trends. Obtains relevant accreditations and certification(s) as advised by domain leadership team. Shares experiences, best practices, and product news within the team. Participates in relevant technical communities at Microsoft.
- Completes operational tasks and readiness, and ensures timeliness and accuracy. Follows Microsoft policies, compliance, and procedures (e.g., Enterprise Services Authorization Policy, Standards of Business Conduct, labor logging, expenses, travel guidelines).
Culture & Value
- Embody our culture and <![CDATA[ Cloud Solution Architect – Azure Infrastructure Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative, and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Infrastructure Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) focusing on Azure Infrastructure Innovation to join the Customer Success Unit within the Middle Eastern Cluster (MEC). This customer-facing position is a hands-on technical role spanning across design, build, and operations with a focus on issue resolution to remove customer technical obstacles and adoption challenges.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for technical customer engagements, working with the most challenging and exciting projects within Microsoft MEC customer base. You will work with select customers to lead deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers. You will collaborate with a variety of internal and external teams to develop pilots and oversee implementation projects, ensuring technical blockers are removed on adoption. You will drive technical intensity of developers and create communities within customers. And you will collaborate with Product engineering to share feedback into the development of Microsoft products and help develop Azure platforms.
Key Responsibilities Include
Understand customers’ overall cloud portfolio, IT and business priorities, and success measures to design implementation architectures and scalable cloud solutions leveraging expertise in cloud infrastructure solutions (Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, VMware, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, HPC, containers and Infra as a code technologies).
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a migration and modernization roadmap with customers using the Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF). Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate
- Lead SAP on Azure projects contribute to customer skilling plan.
- Extend SAP to data, AI and Power Platform by adding cross-solution engagements with partners
- Collaborate and support SAP on SAP RISE as appropriate for customer success
- Partner with the Infrastructure (general) CSA to ensure SAP engagement success
- Ensure all solutions leverage the design and operations guidance according to the Well-Architected framework across all pillars, including performance efficiency, security, operational excellence, reliability, and cost optimization
- Run Architectural Design Sessions to build plan for implementing solution -governing design in line with customer business goals and their technical environment. Outcome is consensus on solution design and next steps toward production. Use CAF Landing Zones to rapidly prototype and deliver proof-of-concepts that accelerate production deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove blockers
- Troubleshoot technical issues to prove the value of implementation of Azure technologies
- Assess the customer knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure delivery through partners
- Collaborate with others in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
- Build and grow developer communities by driving activities including OpenHacks, Workshops
Experiences Required – Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- Professional Experience. 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and SAP deployment projects, architecture, design and/or implementation of Cloud and/or hybrid computing environments Required
- Deep understanding and experience in SAP services portfolio and architectures from an Infrastructure PoV Required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. Required
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies Required
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Administrators and Developers) Required
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management Required
- Experience with management of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, VMware, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers, HPC, and Infra as a code technologies) Required
- Experience with Identity/Security (Azure): Identity, Security Architecture, Security Management and Network Security Required
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud) Required
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub, Visual Studio). Preferred
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred. Preferred
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Certification in one of the following technologies preferred: SAP, Cloud Infrastructure, Data Analytics, Networking, Security, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub)
- Certification in one or more of the following programming languages preferred: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, Python
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle Preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn