With operations spanning the globe, Five Rivers Services, an Akima Company, operates in 28 locations across the United States, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kuwait. We support our customers with full-spectrum IT services, including Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM), secure/non-secure Video Teleconferencing (VTC), Multimedia/Visual Information, Space Operations, Environmental Services and Training Support Services for the Federal Government. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
The Telecommunications Network Engineer will ensure the K-BOSSS and Military Customers telecommunications services/devices functions as expected. This position requires expert level knowledge of telecommunication systems, hardware communication utilities, utility mapping, utility relocation, utility coordination and utility design. Responsible for design of small to large telecommunication networks consisting of Microwave, fiber optics, PBX’s, LAN’s, encryption etc. The applicant should have a wide knowledge of various telecommunication products, tools, services and be familiar with various telecom vendors.
- Outside Plant/Inside Plant (OSP/ISP) Project Management, Quality Control and Final Testing for all IMD Telecom Projects.
- OSP/ISP provision and maintenance of design drawings.
- Conducts proposed project site surveys.
- Perform root cause analysis on communication issues and research methods to increase connectivity efficiency.
- Provides proposed project cost estimates, material lists/build of materials (BOM) recommendations and design.
- Plan, design and troubleshoot small to large telecommunication networks consisting of Microwave, fiber optics, PBX’s LAN’s, encryption etc.
- Will assist with vendor selection. Work with vendors to obtain quotations and respond to the Requests for Proposals (RFP) by developing technical documentation, graphical art work and material lists as required for the RFP.
- Provide support and consulting to internal customers on voice communications related issues and services such as adds/moves/changes to existing communications networks.
- Produce accurate telecommunications network diagrams in 2D or 3D as required; within time constraints.
- Research and maintain a wide knowledge of various telecommunication products and services to include protective distribution systems (PDS).
- Extensive contact will be required with external service providers of Microwave, Power, Fiber Optic and other communication vendors.
- Will track and submit dig permits.
- Provide support and consulting to customers on subsurface site survey related issues and services such as routing or changes in direction or location.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required.
- US Citizenship required.
- Active Secret Clearance or above required.
- Associates’ Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or other job related field is required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Telecommunications Network Engineer or related field. Must have proven work experience in the telecommunication field, installing, trouble shooting, repair, splicing, terminating and site surveys.
- Capable of effectively communicating technical information in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent Customer service
- Must be able to read, understand and discuss AutoCAD and Visio drawings in detail
- Excellent computer proficiency in Microsoft Projects, Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Knowledgeable in the use of power tools and test equipment
- Knowledgeable to act on unique or recurring telecommunications problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to obtain a Kuwait Driver’s License (KDL)
- Must have one of the following certifications: BISCI OSP Designer, Fiber-to-the-x Outside Plant Design, or Certified Outside Plant Fiber Optic Specialist, BICSI Information Transport System (ITS) Technician, or equivalent certification/training
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
- Radio detection 7000, Radio detection 4000 and the GSSIT TERRASIRCH SIR System-3000, Computer, printer, network equipment and other general office equipment.
- Work is generally conducted in a work center administrative environment. However, duties may involve working outside with a potential exposure to extreme temperatures. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Normal work week is 48 hours, but may be required to work overtime.
- May be required to lift, climb, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements are required.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn