About the job
At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About The Role
We put our customers, captains and merchants needs and expectations in the center of our product design and development process. Through research and insights, we make informed decisions about the products we design and build. We operate across 14 countries, and over 100 cities. At Careem, we design interactions that are intuitive, engaging and delightful to use by millions of customers, captains and merchants.
As a UX UI Designer you will be a key advocate for the design discipline at Careem and will be a role model and mentor for our younger designers. You are expected to bring innovation to everything you do helping to shape and lead the design future at Careem. You will get to shape product experiences, from the very first sketch through to implementation. You will utilise design thinking methods to create the best possible solutions for your products and you will use effective storytelling techniques to communicate with and to energise your stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with product managers and other designers in defining, designing and iterating innovative experiences that result in improved user experience and positively affect our commercial KPIs
- Partner with Product Managers as thought partners to create a vision and problem solve together
- Work in close collaboration with content teams for enhanced user experience
- Own the solution at all stages of the process from concept to launch ensuring it achieves the set objectives
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
What You’ll Need
- Ability to understand complex business problems, and establish a design vision for the product – short, medium and long term
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
- Experience designing and shipping impactful products at scale
- Experience of working within muti-disciplinary setups with Product, Engineering and Commercial Counterparts
- Ability to distill and digest data sets and use them for impactful designs
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience working in high-growth tech companies and accustomed to rapid change. Comfortable with ambiguity
- A broad range of skills covering the design process end to end: interaction design, visual design and prototyping
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders – managing and collaborating up to leadership level (C-Level)
- Experience in design thinking methods
- Ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- A solid understanding of following and creating design language patterns
- Experience in conducting user interviews for research and test purposes
- Experience of working in a fast paced iterative environment – incorporating feedback, launching quickly, setting measures for success and learning from what gets shipped.
- A strong portfolio showcasing examples of good design and problem solving skills in a mobile app environment. Case studies and a deep dive into the process are encouraged.
What we’ll provide you
As a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a remote-first environment (3 days remote in country and 2 days onsite per week)
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn