Job Summary Amentum has an opening for an Inspector-HVAC in Kuwait. Responsible to the Quality Control Lead for conducting technical inspections on HVAC/FSS systems to include initial, in-process and final inspections. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs initial inspections to determine the nature and extent of equipment repairs required.
- Performs final inspections on systems after repairs have been completed.
- Disassembles, inspects parts and assemblies. Reassembles and adjusts components as required.
- Determines serviceability of parts, diagnoses and determines remedies for failures commonly encountered in the repairs of weapons systems using a variety of diagnostic techniques and TMDE with little or no supervision.
- Prepares records of inspections/tests and makes them available to the QA/QC Department.
- Safely uses common hand tools and shop equipment effectively without assistance.
- May instruct other employees in proper repair maintenance procedures.
- Cross trains as required to ensure maximum flexibility and possession of technical skills in the development and maintenance of quality programs.
- Coordinates with Shop Supervisor when technical problems arise and in-depth mechanical knowledge is required.
- Maintain proficiency on related training tasks. Conducts surveillances and performs other administrative duties as required within the Quality Control Office.
- Ensures strict compliance to safety practices and support the Amentum Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Instills a safety-first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries. Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions in support of the Amentum Quality Management System.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Minimum Requirements Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience with HVAC systems and equipment.
- 2 or more years of quality control/ inspection experience required. Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have knowledge of diagnostic tools and forms used at the unit and DS/GS level.
- Must be able to read and understand communications and electronic equipment schematics.
- Must have thorough knowledge of military technical publications.
- Must have a collaborative work style that fosters cooperation and team work.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be customer service focused.
- The ability to talk to people from all walks of life
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with all levels of personnel. Certification & License:
- EPA 609 certification in vehicle HVAC recovery, recharge and installation or equivalent, is required. (PWS Section 5.5.8).
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license.
- Tier 1 NACI required for all U.S. Citizens. Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn